Dallas/Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck Accident Lawyer in Dallas/Fort Worth
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious car or truck accident, and you’re looking for a truck accident lawyer in Dallas/Fort Worth, contact the experienced and dedicated trial attorneys at Sellers Law Firm to begin the process of getting what you deserve.
Our attorneys understand that you’re likely going through one of the most difficult times in your life, and we are ready to step in to help. Let us handle your truck accident claim so that you and your family can focus on healing.
Call us today at (817) 928-4222 for a free consultation.
How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Texas?
Your car accident lawsuit will take a lot longer if it goes to trial. On average, car accidents take between a few months and a year to settle. Truck accident claims and lawsuits can go on for as long as a few years, as there is more often litigation.
Car accident lawsuits can take a long time, and truck accident lawsuits can take even longer. Why? Trucking companies have vast amounts of resources that they put towards ensuring that victims of trucking accidents receive as little compensation as possible — and that they must fight tooth and nail for every penny.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a trucking accident, you’re not alone. Other drivers on the road are much more likely to be injured or killed than the truck drivers involved in accidents, and the damage that can be wrought by serious trucking accidents is well known. Still, you can expect to go up against teams of high-powered lawyers looking to protect the interests of the trucking company.
So, what can you do to defend what you deserve? Hire the best lawyer you can find.
Hiring a lawyer for an 18-wheeler accident in Dallas/Fort Worth
Not just any civil lawyer in Dallas/Fort Worth will be able to contend with these large teams of lawyers keeping you from getting the compensation you deserve; you’ll need the best civil litigation attorney Dallas/Fort Worth has to offer if you want to win.
Our background as federal defense attorneys makes us uniquely equipped to argue a case in front of a judge or jury, keep cool under pressure in high-stakes situations, and come away with a win.
There will be many lawyers for 18-wheeler accidents looking to take your case and collect their fee, but if you have a case that you need to win (and not just settle out of court), you need to work with experienced and aggressive trial attorneys, like those at Sellers Law Firm.
Can you sue for pain and suffering in Texas?
If you have been involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Dallas/Fort Worth, you can absolutely sue for pain and suffering. The types of damages in a personal injury lawsuit in Texas are as follows:
- Special compensatory damages include things like medical expenses, property damage, and loss of wages as a result of your accident.
- General compensatory damages cover pain and suffering, mental anguish, and anything less quantifiable but still amounting to harm.
- Wrongful death damages cover both special and general compensatory damages related to the death of a loved one and can include funeral expenses, medical expenses before death, and loss of financial contribution to a household.
- Punitive damages are rare, as they are meant to punish the party responsible for the accident, and are reserved for situations in which the court deems it necessary to deter them from similar negligence in the future.
Suing for pain and suffering is considered pretty standard practice for victims of serious truck accidents, but you’ll need a very good lawyer for 18-wheeler accidents to give yourself a shot at getting what you deserve.
Filing a truck accident claim in Texas
Who do you file truck accident claims against? That would depend on the circumstances of the accident, but the most common parties to sue in a truck accident include:
- The truck driver themselves. If they were negligent or committed another criminal offense in causing the accident (such as drunk driving or excessive speeding) you may be able to file a case against the driver of the truck.
- The trucking company. The trucking company may be held liable for many things that are not directly in the driver’s control, such as poor maintenance on the truck or a schedule that didn’t allow the driver to sleep, resulting in them causing the accident.
- The truck’s manufacturer. The Fort Worth/Dallas product liability lawyers at Sellers Law Firm know that factory defects and poor design choices can cause accidents of all kinds, and truck accidents are no exception.
It is also likely that your truck accident claim will involve a combination of responsible parties — another reason why hiring an experienced attorney to sort out the complexity of a truck accident claim is essential.
Need a truck accident lawyer in Dallas/Fort Worth? You need to call Sellers Law Firm.
If you’re looking for a truck accident lawyer in Dallas/Fort Worth who can help you get what you deserve, then you’re looking for the personal injury attorneys at Sellers Law Firm. Call us before you speak with the insurance company to discuss the accident, and we’ll get started right away so that you can return to your life as soon as possible.
Our background as top criminal defense attorneys has prepared us to fight passionately for our client’s rights in high-stakes trial scenarios. Do not let the trucking company keep you from your recovery, call the truck accident lawyers at Sellers Law Firm at (817) 928-4222 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.